Redwood City, CA, is home to many top companies that are known around the world. You may be wondering what some of the largest companies are in the city. Feel free to read on to find out who the top employers are in Redwood City, California.
1. Oracle- Oracle is one of the largest employers in Redwood City, which is where the company is headquartered. The company is one of the largest computer technology corporations in America, and the number of employees it has in the city is around 6,500, but they have more than 130,000 employees worldwide. The company is known for developing database software, as well as technology and enterprise software products.
2. Electronic Arts- With more than 1,200 employees in Redwood City, Electronic Arts is the city’s number two top employer. The company is known for producing and marketing various types if video games. Trip Hawkins was the one who founded the company back in 1982, and since then it has grown to become the fourth-largest gaming company.
3. Kaiser Permanente- This Redwood City employer has a little more than 800 employees in the city, and they were founded more than 70 years ago. Kaiser Permanente is involved in the healthcare industry and it is the largest managed care organization in America. Also, the company has billions of dollars in revenue, and in 2014 its revenues were $56.4 billion, while its net revenues were $3.1 billion.
4. Silver Spring Networks– This company has more than 600 employees, and the company develops software for utilities in order to improve energy efficiency. Silver Spring Networks provides various smart grid products, and they were founded back in 2002. In 2013, Silver Spring Networks went public. Silver Spring Networks serves customers in the United States, as well as the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia, Europe, Canada and Latin America.
5. Stanford Hospital- This hospital has around 600 employees, which makes it one of the top employers in Redwood City, and the hospital is known for its work in surgery, cancer treatment and diagnosis, as well as cardiovascular medicine. Furthermore, the hospital has around 35,000 room visits annually, and on a yearly basis it has around 20,000 inpatients. The hospital is considered to be one of the best hospitals in the area.
6. Shutterfly- With 283 employees, this Redwood City company is one of the city’s top employers. Shutterfly is one of the top internet-based image publishing companies in the world. The company was founded more than 10 years ago, and in 2006 it went public.
There are a few other companies that did not make the list, but the ones discussed above are some of the top companies in Redwood City. All of those companies employs many people, both on a local level and on a global level. If you are interested in learning more about those companies, then visit their website.